Saturday 12 November 2016

Nine Horses


The one record I own by David Sylvian is a 2005 album entitled 'Snow Borne Sorrow', which is credited to Nine Horses, a collaboration between Sylvian, Steve Jansen and Burnt Friedman, with assistance from Arve Henriksen, Stina Nordenstam and Ryuichi Sakamoto. 'Snow Borne Sorrow' is an icily beautiful thing. I admit that I know little about Sylvian's work in general, but I can't imagine he's ever put his name to anything quite so sublime as 'The Librarian'.

Nine Horses - The Librarian

2 comments:

Echorich said...

This was an album that found Sylvian coming out of a sort of self imposed darkness. It's just a beautiful thing and one of the last times he would make an album of more formally structured pop (yeah, not really a great descriptive) music. A good sampler of his work, pre Millennium, is his Everything And Nothing collection. Being a Sylvian Superfan, I can recommend just about anything he has done...

Alyson said...

I did love the Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence soundtrack (more than the film actually) he wrote with Ryuchi. Wonderful stuff.

Greatest Hits