Thursday 26 November 2015

Haiku Salut


Derbyshire born, Norfolk based three piece, Haiku Salut, have variously employed the phrases 'loopery and laptopery' and 'instrumental-dream-pop-post-folk-neo-everything', in an effort to describe the music they make. Lazier commentators (like me) plump for the catch-all term, 'folktronica'. Their second long player, 'Etch and Etch Deep' arrived in the Summer and is an effortless blend of traditional instrumentation (ukulele, glockenspiel, trumpet) and electronic noodlings. Mighty fine it is too. Recommended for fellow admirers of Múm and early Four Tet. Listen to the whole album here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is lovely. Very evocative. Reminds me of stuff on Ghostbox.

Walter said...

I love this song and the sad piano. I agree that it's a mighty fine record I used to play Sunday mornings.

The Swede said...

Singing Bear. Hadn't thought of that, but you're quite right.

Walter. They're playing locally early next year and I'm hoping to go. I'll report back with my thoughts.

Greatest Hits