Tuesday 18 August 2015

Rodinia

We've returned from a lovely few days of grazing our way around London with the US branch of the family - and a fine old time was had by all. Back at HQ there is much catching up to be done - posts to be read, music to be heard and, yes, a new laptop to be unwrapped and understood. This could take a while. 

Nestling in my in-box upon my return was 'Drumside Part 1' by Rodinia, an extract from a new LP, 'Drumside/Dreamside', due for release on Now-Again Records in late September. Rodinia is a collaboration between multi-instumentalists, Jay Whitefield (who I know best from his work with Karl Hector & The Malcouns) and Johannes Schleiermacher from the Woima Collective. They're tagging the music they make 'Ambient Krautrock' - and why not? I like this preview a lot and I'm looking forward to hearing the whole thing.

Read all about it here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a fantastic time visiting with your family, Mr. S! Let us know the details about your new computer?

Anonymous said...

None of these names mean anything to me but I like this a lot. Does sit happily with fine Krautrock, doesn't it?

The Swede said...

VS. We had a great time thanks. Computer.....? Don't talk to me about the computer!!!

SB. I can highly recommend both Karl Hector & The Malcouns and the Woima Collective, who both lean towards more of a retro funk vibe than is on display here.

Greatest Hits