Tuesday 22 July 2014

Pete Fij and Terry Bickers, slight return.

This evening, Pete Fij and Terry Bickers are playing a very cool, teeny-tiny venue about 20 miles away, a gig I've been looking forward to for nearly two months (since I wrote this actually). Their terrific album, 'Broken Heart Surgery', hasn't been far from my ears of late and will undoubtedly figure as one of my favourites of the year. So why aren't I buckling up my seat belt and hitting the road? For the past few days I've been feeling increasingly lousy and, with spectacular bad timing, today is the lousiest of all. I've been trying to fool myself all day that I'm good to go, but a couple of hours ago I gave in to the inevitable and waved the white flag. I'm gutted.

I know I included 'Downsizing' in that earlier post, but at the time I don't think I fully appreciated it for the stark, devastating, beautiful masterpiece it truly is. Have a good one guys, catch you next time around.

4 comments:

C said...

So sorry to hear you're not feeling well and missed the gig - hope you feel right as rain v soon and that you DO catch them next time around...

The Swede said...

Thanks C. Not really a very interesting post, but I was feeling sorry for myself and needed a bit of a moan!

Old Pa's Corner said...

Oh! TS that is horrible..hope it is nothing too serious. Excellent track I will go straight to Spotify and get the album up. Had interesting time at Latitude....Thank God for the music. Will do a couple of posts about the expeience. GWS.

The Swede said...

Thanks Old Pa, glad to hear you had fun and made it home unscathed, but perhaps a little damp?

Greatest Hits